FRIENDS OF SCOUTING IS THE COUNCIL’S SINGLE LARGEST SOURCE OF FUNDING
Friends of Scouting, helps ensure high quality Scouting programs for every youth. Accounting for 24% of our funding each year, for Boys Scouts of America.
THE TRUE COST OF SCOUTING
Did you know: It costs $300 to provide one year of quality programs for each Scout.
Money raised from Friends of Scouting efforts goes toward program support that impacts the quality of every youth’s Scouting experience.
An investment in Friends of Scouting investment helps to fund:
Local programs and activities
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for youth who could otherwise not participate
- The Scout Service Center, which coordinates Scouting activities and provides customer service
- Accident and liability insurance to protect youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camps and facilities for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs that recognize Scouts meeting the learning and achievement goals they set
- Development and distribution literature and training materials
- Leadership training for youth who will become future community leaders
- At-Risk Youth outreach
- Make a donation today!